Our Safe Dining Commitments
Your health and wellbeing are our top priority. SUNY Cortland Dining will continue to strive to provide a wide variety of delicious, globally-inspired menu options crafted with many regional & local ingredients. To help ensure that we can welcome all students back to campus in Fall 2021 in a safe manner, all our dining units will follow the recommended CDC, New York State and local health department guidelines for hygiene to stop the spread of COVID-19. To ensure the safety of our customers and staff, our units and employees are adhering to the following guidelines:
- Social distancing
- Facial coverings
- Handwashing and gloves
- Enhanced sanitizing measures
- Daily wellness checks
- Glass/plexiglass protection
Preparing For Your Visit
As we continue to monitor the daily COVID case numbers on campus and in the city of Cortland, our team will closely follow the latest guidelines and recommendations provided by the CDC and state, and local health authorities. Dining hours and openings may be subject to changes throughout the semester to ensure the safety of the SUNY Cortland community.
We are implementing the following measures to make dining safer and more convenient for our customers.
- Guests are required to wear face coverings that cover both their mouth and nose when in our dining locations regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings can only be removed while you are sitting down at a table and eating. It is recommended that you put your mask in a personal bag, rather than on a common space.
- Please sit at tables with green "sanitized" sign when you dine in on-campus.
- Please flip the green "sanitized" sign over to the red "not sanitized" side when you finish eating so our staff can clean the table surfaces.
For Residential Dining Halls (Neubig & Bistro), customers can pay with their Cortland ID card by swiping their cards without handing them to the cashier.
For all Retail Dining Cafes, customers can pay through the GET app on their phone, their Cortland ID, or a credit/debit card. Download the GET App (Click for Apple Download/Android Download) to use your Dining Dollars or Connections by signing in with your cortland.edu email address. Tap “scan card” when you are ready to check out at the register.
For Pomodori, Chick-N-Bap, and Greens & Grains, place your order through the self-service kiosks with your Cortland ID or credit/debit card, or order through the GET App.
- Pre-order food from our retail locations through the GET App for a quicker pick up.
- We recommend customers to view menus online and check out the latest specials and events through our Instagram to minimize time spent in our dining locations. Please note that the majority of food will be served by our staff. If you need assistance or have dietary restrictions, please ask our staff for help.
Have questions regarding the health and safety of on-campus dining? Please contact our Dining Director Jeff Scott by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.