“Planning ahead is the key to a successful event.”
- Cortland Auxiliary has exclusive rights to cater and sell food on the campus at SUNY Cortland.
- Cortland Auxiliary must have first right of refusal.
- Has the right to monitor any outside caterer event.
- Outside caterers will not be permitted to use dining spaces, kitchens, or equipment.
- Campus Catering will not co-mingle events.
- Outside caterers CANNOT serve alcohol.
- Grants/funding are not permitted to be used for outside caterers.
- Off-campus groups using campus facilities may not use an outside caterer.
Waiver Process to use an Approved Outside Caterer
- If you wish to use an outside caterer you must obtain a signed waiver from the Dining Directors Office, located in Neubig Hall. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- All requests must be made at least 15 business days prior to the event.
- Only approved outside caterers will be permitted to cater on campus.
- Outside caterers will be responsible for taking the initiative to submit all paperwork required for approval in a timely manner
- Once Campus Catering has received all required documentation from the caterer, it will take one week to approve them. We recommend you contact the caterer at least one month before the event. This allows them the time to submit the necessary paperwork and allows us the time to approve the caterer, prior to booking your event. Campus Catering will only make reasonable attempts to follow-up with potential outside caterers for missing information.
- Outside caterer contracts will run from July 1 – June 30 and will need to be renewed prior to the start of each year.
- Waivers CANNOT be granted for events where the food and beverage are homemade and/or produced in a non-certified food establishment.
- Waivers CANNOT be granted for an event where alcohol is served.
Process to become an Outside Caterer
Outside caterers will be responsible for taking the initiative to submit all paperwork required for approval in a timely manner. Outside caterer contracts will run from July 1 — June 30 and will need to be renewed prior to the start of each year.
Please contact the Office of the Director of Dining Services at 607-753-2424.
List of Approved Outside Caterers for the current year
The client requesting use must complete the waiver application.